The GameDuell fairness guarantee
- Equal starting conditions. Both players get the same sets, cards or levels.
- Fair matching. You can only play against opponents that have a similar skill-level.
- Free selection of opponents. It's you who chooses whom you want to play with.
Game rules Pyramid
Pyramid is an exciting variation of the card game "Solitaire." Your task is to get rid of as many cards as possible in as few moves as possible.
The Playing Board
- There are a total of 52 cards and 1 joker.
- At the beginning of the game, there are 28 cards divided among 3 pyramids at the top of the screen.
- Below the pyramids, there are 23 cards that are facedown in the stock pile, one card that is face-up in the waste pile, and one joker.
Object of the Game:
- Start from the bottom and dismantle the three pyramids of cards as quickly as possible.
- Additional bonus points are hidden behind the card on top of each pyramid.
- The more cards you collect in one series (without uncovering another card from the stock pile), the more series points you will receive.
- Once you have cleared all 28 cards in the three pyramids, you will reach the next level.
How to Play:
- To remove a card from the pyramid, its value must be exactly one more or one less than the value on the current, face-up playing card at the bottom of the screen. The colors of the cards are irrelevant.
- The cards belong in the following order: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace, 2, 3, ... Exp: If the current playing card is a Jack, then you could remove a 10 or a Queen from the pyramids.
- You can only remove cards that are not covered by any other cards. Selectable cards light up when you place the cursor over them.
- When there are no more suitable cards in the pyramid, click on the stock pile at the bottom of the screen. Flip through the cards until you find a card with which you can play further.
- Once you have successfully cleared the entire pyramid, a new level will begin and you will receive new cards.
- The game ends when there are no more possible moves or when your time runs out.
- When you lay the joker on the discard pile, you can place any card onto it, and thus work your way out of a tricky situation.
- Careful! You are only given one joker per level, so make sure that you use it appropriately.
- You can also use the joker to increase the length of a series. Using a joker does not interrupt a series.
Game ControlsThe controls in this game are simple.
- Remove a card from the pyramid by clicking on it with the left mouse button. If the card is playable, then it will light up and will automatically move to the waste pile.
- To look through the cards in the stock pile, simply click on the card lying on to the top of the pile. Once you click the card, it will automatically be uncovered and placed on top of the waste pile.
- Attention! You can only click through the stock pile once. Once you have uncovered all cards, you cannot go back through them.
- If you would like to quit the game early, then click on the button at the top, right-hand side of the screen that says "End Game".
Time and Points:
- Time: You have a maximum of 4 minutes to play.
- Points: Your points increase each time you remove a card from one of the pyramids.
- Series Points: When you do not have to use any cards from the stock pile, you will receive "Series Points". The more cards you can remove in one series (without having to resort to the stock pile), the more series points will accumulate. Series points in level 1 are calculated as follows: The second card in a series raises the series by 50 points, the third raises it by 100 points, the fourth raises it by 150, the fifth raises it by 200, and so on...
- Bonus Points: You will receive 1000 points each time you remove the top card from one of the pyramids.
- Once you have removed all 28 cards from the pyramid, you will reach the next level.
- There are a total of 4 levels. In each new level, the amount of points you will be rewarded for removing cards and for series increases:
Level 1: +100 points for each card removed. For a series in level 1, you will receive an addition +50, +100, +150, +200, and so on, depending on length.
Level 2: +120 points for each card removed. For a series in level 2, you will receive an addition +60, +120, +180, +240, and so on, depending on length.
Level 3: +140 points for each card removed. For a series in level 3, you will receive an addition +70, +140, +210, +280, and so on, depending on length.
Level 4: +160 points for each card removed. For a series in level 4, you will receive an addition +80, +160, +240, +320, and so on, depending on length.
Strategies and Tips:
Consider all of the possible moves that you could make before removing any cards from the pyramid.
- You will receive more points for removing multiple cards in a single series. Therefore, you should always make sure you include cards in your series that might easily be overlooked (cards that are lying in a higher row).
- Speed is not the most important factor for winning points. You will win more points for skillfully working your way through the pyramid, rather than by quickly working your way through.
- The joker could be the key to your success because using it does not end a series. Therefore, you could use the joker to lengthen a series and accumulate even more points.
- Sometimes you may need to use the joker early in the game to keep from having to waste too many cards from the stock pile. The game will end once all of the cards in the stock pile have been used.