- Equal starting conditions. Both players get the same sets, cards or levels.
- Fair matching. You can only play against opponents that have a similar skill-level.
- Free selection of opponents. It's you who chooses whom you want to play with.
Professor Mouse game rules
- Professor Mouse is a word game in which you must find as many words on the blackboard as possible.
- Only letters that lie adjacent to one another may be used to build words. (in the example: RID).
Object of the game
- Find all of the special words to reach the next level.
- Submit additional words (extra words) to collect more points.
- Find the "super words" to score extra points.
Select words and submit
- Submit valid words by selecting the first to last letter of the word.
- You can select the letters by clicking them individually or by clicking and holding the mouse button while dragging it over all of the letters.
- If the word is valid then the "Submit" button will turn yellow.
- You can submit a valid word by clicking the "Submit" button or double-clicking the last letter of the word.
- Only words of three or more letters may be submitted.
- The most common words in the English language are valid.
- Abbreviations and foreign words are not valid.
- Only very well known names and cities are accepted.
- A word may only be submitted once per level, even if it can be found in two different places.
- You must submit all of the special words to complete the level.
- The special words are shown on the right-hand side of the board.
- The empty boxes show how many letters the special word has.
- The green letters show a letter that must be present in the special word in a certain position.
- Tip: Burning letters can be helpful in finding special words.
In this example, the player must find a special word which has an "O" as the second letter.
Burning letters and golden letters
- Burning letters always appear after you have submitted three three-letter words in a row.
- The burning letters always appear within one of the special words and the position of this letter is shown on the board. Because of this, burning letters can be a big help in finding special words.
- Careful: The burning letters burn out within 20 seconds. The letter is no longer usable after the letter has burned out and may result in the level not being completable.
- The golden letter appears after you have submitted a word with at least 4 letters. If you use the golden letter to submit a word then the points for that word will be doubled.
The burning "A" could help you find the special word "SEA". On the right-hand side of the page, you are shown that the "A" is the last letter of the word.
Joker (magic wand)
- There is a joker (magic wand) in each level.
- You can use the joker to display one of the letters in a special word.
- To do so simply click on the special word on the right-hand side of the board.
- The joker can also be used to repair a burnt out letter. To do so, simply click on the special word with the burnt letter.
The Super Word
- A super word is hidden in each level and can contain between 8 and 14 letters.
- The super word is worth 10,000 points.
- Several super words could be hidden in each level.
- The bonus level appears once you have successfully completed the 3rd level of the game.
- The bonus level is comprised entirely of solvable words.
- All words that have been submitted will disappear from the board. If you manage to solve the entire bonus level then you will receive another huge bonus.
Levels and Time
- The game has 3 levels. You have 150 seconds per level.
- After the 3rd level, you will reach the bonus level.
- In the bonus level, you receive another 90 seconds to play.
Points are granted as follows:
You receive points for each submitted word depending on the length:
- 3 letters: 150 points
- 4 letters: 250 points
- 5 letters: 500 points
- 6 letters: 1000 points
- 7 or more letters: 1500 points
For each submitted extra word you will receive an increasing bonus in addition to the value of the word itself.
- 3 letters: 75 bonus points
- 4 letters: 125 bonus points
- 5 letters: 250 bonus points
- 6 letters: 250 bonus points
- 7 or more letters: 500 points
The first extra word with 3 letters is worth 150 points, the second with 3 letters is worth 225, the next 300, etc.
- The points are doubled if the word contains a golden letter.
You will also receive bonus points at the end of each level:
You will receive a time bonus for each second remaining after completing each level. The time bonus depends on the level:
If you complete the level without using your joker then you will receive an additional bonus:
Tips & Tricks
- You can consciously use your burning letters to localize special words.
- Submit your words more quickly by double-clicking on the last letter.
- Don't use your joker too soon. You may need it later in the game to complete a level.
- The object of the game is not to reach the next level as quickly as possible. It is much more beneficial to collect extra words as they can be worth a lot of points.