The GameDuell fairness guarantee
- Equal starting conditions. Both players get the same sets, cards or levels.
- Fair matching. You can only play against opponents that have a similar skill-level.
- Free selection of opponents. It's you who chooses whom you want to play with.
Maya Pyramid: Rules
IntroductionMaya Pyramid is a variation of the "Pyramid" solitaire game. This variation requires you to form card pyramids by marking groups of cards which add up to 11.
- 42 cards and 1 joker are placed on the board.
- At the beginning of the game, 24-26 cards are placed face up on the board, lying on top of each other in a pyramid fashion.
- Below the pyramid lies a series of cards (face down), two further cards (face up) and the joker.
Aim of the game
- Mark a group of cards totalling 11.
- Start at the bottom of the pyramid and try to dismantle it as quickly as possible.
- The more cards you can take away per move, without making use of the help cards, the more series points you will earn.
- Once you have removed all cards from the pyramid, you will go on to the next level.
How to play
- To remove a group of cards from the pyramid, you need to form groups of 11.
- You can, however, only remove cards which are "free" i.e. they are not covered by other cards. You can recognise that a card is free when it is "lit up".
- If you can no longer form groups of 11 from the cards in the pyramid, make use of the two help cards below them. Click on the other help cards (face down) to free up new help cards. Keep revealing these cards until you find a suitable card to make your group of 11.
- Once you have managed to completely dismantle the pyramid, a new level - with a new set of cards - will automatically start.
- If you run out of time, or you don't manage to dismantle the pyramid completely, then the game is over.
- The joker allows you to remove any free card from the pyramid, thus getting you neatly out of tricky situations!
- Watch out though: you can only use the joker once per level. Use it with care!
- The joker can also be used to play as long a series as possible: playing your joker does not mean that you break your series!
- If you manage to complete a level without using the joker, you receive 500 bonus points.
Pyramid: ControlsIt is very easy to control this game.
- Mark one of the cards from the pyramid by clicking on it with the left mouse button. Once you have managed to make a group of cards which adds up to 11, it will automatically disappear.
- In order to search through the (face down) help cards, just click on the card on the top of the pile; this will then be automatically revealed.
- Watch out though: you can only reveal each of the cards in the pile once! You cannot use the cards again once they have been revealed.
- If you want to stop the game early, click on "Quit".
Time and score
- Time: You have up to 4 minutes to play.
- Score: Your score increases by 500 points for each group of 11 you manage to remove from the pyramid.
- Series points: You can build series as long as you do not use the pile of (face down) help cards. You can, however, use the two help cards with their face up. The more cards you manage to remove within a series, the more extra series points you will receive: for the second group in the series, you will get +100 points, for the third +200, for the fourth +300, the fifth +400, etc.
- Joker bonus points: If you manage to play the whole level without using your joker, you will receive 500 bonus points.
The ruby-coloured card quadruples the value of the removed group. Therefore, try to use the ruby card at the end of a long series.
Bonus levelIf you manage to complete all four levels, you will gain access to the secret treasure trove where you will find a series of coins with numbers. The task here is to mark as many coins as possible to make a total of 11. You will receive 200 points for each completed group.
Tips and strategiesThink carefully before removing a card from the pyramid.
- The more cards you can manage to remove in one series, the more points you will receive. Make sure you include the cards further up the pyramid in your strategy.
- Speed is less important in this game - the best and most skilful route through the pyramid earns you the most points.
- The joker could be the key to your success. The joker does not interrupt your game, but can extend the length of your series, bringing more series points.
- The ruby card is a key aspect of your strategy. As it quadruples the value of the group of 11, it makes the most sense to play it at the end of a long series.
- It is also not a bad idea to save the joker for the end of a level; it can earn you bonus points, on the one hand, and also be the saviour of the last card, on the other.