- Equal starting conditions. Both players get the same sets, cards or levels.
- Fair matching. You can only play against opponents that have a similar skill-level.
- Free selection of opponents. It's you who chooses whom you want to play with.
- Magnoid is a breakout variant that requires rapid reactions.
- Your mission is to clear all blocks from the playing field.
- The player who can maneuver the paddle most skillfully wins.
Start of the Game
- When the game begins, the playing field is filled with various blocks. The blocks are arranged differently in each level, and will become more complex as you progress.
- The paddle used to hit the orb can be found at the bottom edge of the playing field.
- Keep your eye on the orb. If it slips by your paddle, then you will lose it.
- You can move the paddle using the mouse or the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard.
- The angle at which the orb will rebound depends on where it hits the paddle.
- Where the orb hits a block will also determine in which direction it will rebound.
Throughout the game, you will encounter different types of blocks that must be cleared from the board. How many points you will receive for each depends on what type of block it is.Normal Blocks
The amount of points each cleared block is worth will depend on its color. There are ten different colors. Below is a list detailing how many points each color is worth.
A GameDuell coin is hidden inside of each gold block. When you catch one, you will receive 50 extra points.
To get rid of these blocks, you will have to hit them multiple times. You must hit a double block twice to clear it, for which you will receive 10 points. You will receive 15 points for clearing a triple block, but you'll have to hit it three times.
The only way to clear a barricade block is by shooting it with a laser beam.
Destroy the diamond blocks as quickly as possible because they will aid you in reaching the next level. Once you have cleared them all, a door in the playing field will open. If you enter it, then you will immediately reach the next level.
There will be an additional diamond block in each level, and you will receive 25 points for each one that you clear.
Hitting this block with an orb will cost you a life. If you are already on your last life, then the game will end.
Careful! This is the most dangerous block in the game. If you hit it with an orb, then it will take a life away but will not disappear. The only way to clear this block is by shooting it with a laser beam.
Orbs and Paddles
- Always keep an eye on your orbs. When no more orbs are on the playing field you will lose a paddle and a life.
- At the beginning of the game you have four paddles and four lives. Your remaining lives can be found at the bottom, left-hand corner of the playing field.
- If you lose all of your lives then the game will end.
- Some blocks contain extras that could be helpful in reaching the next level more quickly. When you clear these blocks, the extras will fall. Catch them with your paddle and they will automatically become active.
- You can only use one extra at a time. This means that if you are already using an extra and then catch another, the first one will be replaced by the new one.
- Be wary of the red extras! They make it harder for you to complete a level.
You may encounter the following extras:
If an orb enters this field, then it will exit the corresponding warp field on the other side of the playing board.
If you catch this item, then your paddle will grow laser guns. You can fire laser beams by clicking the left mouse button, but be sure to use them wisely! You only have three shots, and after you have used them up they will disappear.
If you catch this extra, then you will gain an extra life.
If you catch this extra you will be able to play with three orbs, making it easier to rack up more points quicker.
Be careful with this item. When you catch it, your paddle will move in the opposite direction of your mouse.
When the shrinking paddle extra becomes active, the paddle will shrink and make the game even harder.
Levels, Points, and Time
- Magnoid has six levels. You will reach the next level as soon as you have cleared the board of all diamond blocks and have entered through the gap in the board.
- You will receive points for each block you clear, depending on the color.
- If you are fast enough, then you can also collect coins. A gold coin can be found inside each gold block. If you destroy the block, then the coin will fall out and you will receive 50 extra points if you can catch it.
- You will receive 100 additional bonus points for each completed level. You will receive 100 points for the first level, 200 for the second, and so on.
- You have 5 minutes to work through the levels.