- Equal starting conditions. Both players get the same sets, cards or levels.
- Fair matching. You can only play against opponents that have a similar skill-level.
- Free selection of opponents. It's you who chooses whom you want to play with.
Animal Maze Game Rules
Animal Maze is a live multiplayer online skill game against real players! Some cuddly animals have lost their way amongst the green garden hedges and are waiting for your help! Cleverly move and modify the maze to rescue the animals.
Object of the Game
Make your way through the maze until all the animals pictured on the left of the screen are free. Once you have freed all your animals, guide your pawn back to the starting tile.
Use your mouse to do the following actions in Animal Maze:
- Move a maze tile:
In the water well (right of the screen) you will always see the next maze tile. Turn the tile to your desired position and then slide the tile into one of the sides of the maze where an arrow is shown.
- Move your Pawn:
To move your pawn, click on an accessible tile in the maze.
Below is a brief description of each game element in this game:
Player name und picture
2 Progress bar
Shows how many animals a certain player has freed. If this bar is full, then the player is already on their way back to their starting tile.
3 Game board
The game board consists of 7x7 tiles. 3 columns and 3 rows can move. There are three types of tiles: corners, straight paths and junctions.
There are 24 different animals, 2 to 6 of these animals must be collected (as configured in the lobby).
5 The free tile
This tile piece can be replaced with a tile on the edges of the game board. The tile removed will then become the new ‘free tile piece’.
6 Starting tile
This is the tile each player starts on. This tile must be reached at the end of the game to successfully finish.
This piece must be guided through the maze to free the animals.
This shows the animals that you must free.
Here you can see which animals have already been freed and which are still to be freed.
How to play
Here we will explain how a game of Animal Maze is played:
Modify the maze
- The maze can be changed by only one tile per turn. The free tile will be swapped with this move.
- Each of the 3 columns and rows can be moved both vertically and horizontally (from top to bottom and from left to right).
- Exception: the last move taken cannot be reversed in the next move. There are always 11 possible moves with the game board apart from the first players’ first move (that is the twelfth).
- The maze must be moved once per turn. The pawn may not be moved before the maze is changed.
- A pawn that is moved off the game board is returned immediately, but to the opposite side of the board.
- The pawn can be moved to any accessible part of the game board. Neither animals nor other pawns can block a pawn.
- In order to successfully free an animal, a pawn must have a clear path to reach the animal on the game board.
- In contrary to moving the game board each turn, the pawn must not be moved every turn. The pawn may be left on the same tile for more than one round.
- A total of 45 seconds is given to move both the board and pawn.
- If time runs out and you have not made your move with the game board then a random move will be made.
- You automatically lose if you do not make a move 3 times in a row.
- Once a player has freed all the animals in their pen, then they must return to their starting tile.
- The game ends as soon as a player returns to their starting tile.
- Tiles which are not in a row or column that can be moved are fixed. Don’t forget about these tiles when you plan your next move.
- Moving the maze not only leads you to your animals but also is a way to block other players from reaching theirs.
- Pay attention to your opponent’s progress. All other players should focus on blocking any other player who is progressing further and faster than the others.
- Use the ‘free tile’ to move your pawn longer distances or to surprise others when it is pushed to the other side of the board.