Crazy Eights game rules
The rules of GameDuell's version of Crazy Eights are based on a combination of the world's most common rules.
The rules are divided into the following categories:
1. Introduction to the game
The cardsGameDuell's Crazy Eights is played with a pack of 52 cards (Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King in each of the four suits: diamonds, hearts, clubs and spades) and two jokers.
Card values and meanings
In Crazy Eights, several of the cards have special meanings. The following table shows the meaning and score value of these cards (the colors do not play any role here):
2. Special rules
There are numerous, regional variations of Crazy Eights. These are GameDuell's rules:
- A 2 (+2 penalty cards) can be extended by playing another 2. The number of penalty cards increases with each card.
- You cannot play cards if it is not your turn, nor can you play two cards of the same value.
- You cannot "block" a 2 by playing an ace.
- Once you have drawn your penalty cards (after a 2), the round moves on to the next player (i.e. no normal turn - playing or drawing a card - follows).
- You cannot play an 8 on an 8.
- You cannot play a joker on an 8.
- You must say "last card", otherwise you must draw two penalty cards.
- You can end the game by playing a 10 (second turn card).
3. Course of the game
Playing a card
- In order to play a card, simply click on the desired card.
- You can only play cards of the same color or value as the card on the top of the discard pile.
- You can play a joker or an 8 on any card except for an 8. If an 8 is played, then a new color must be chosen in order to continue the game.
- Don't forget to say "last card" before playing your penultimate card. Use the small button to do this.
Drawing a card
- If you cannot play a card, then you must draw one by clicking on the stockpile.
- If you have to draw penalty cards, click on the same pile.
- The round finishes when a player has managed to play all his/her cards. The points are then counted.
- The player who manages to play all his/her cards gets 0 points.
- For all other players, the remaining card values in their hand are deducted from their score.
- If a player manages end the game by playing an 8, then he wins the game according to the "Crazy Eight" rule. This means that his opponents' point deductions are doubled for this round.
- The player with the fewest negative points at the end of the game wins.